Optimizing Reimbursement Through Clinical and Financial Collaboration
Thursday, February 23rd
12:00 pm EST
Two healthcare reimbursement themes have taken center stage for 2017 -- "pay for performance" and "proof of revenue integrity." These interconnected clinical and financial requirements highlight the need for compliant processes that support collaboration of all hospital staff members. Although healthcare is experiencing its fifth year of value-based payment, many providers are still attempting to capture optimum cash utilizing outdated patient care management, charge capture, coding and billing processes and evaluation through misaligned performance metrics. This session will present practical and proven best practice revenue cycle leadership job roles and team member operational work flows to meet the challenges of 2017 compliant reimbursement.Objectives:Upon completion of this training session, a participant will be able to:
- Understand what regulatory changes have been made for 2017 payment methodologies, and why collaboration plays such an important role in optimum reimbursement.
- Discuss how each revision to the major payment initiatives should be (and can be) successfully implemented in the revenue cycle through organizational and leadership changes in daily processes.
- Define “patient care management” and its importance to optimum payment.
- Should patient care management report within the revenue cycle? Why or Why not?
- What’s the answer to obtaining positive clinical outcomes that meet reimbursement requirements? Why are revenue cycle team members so confused?
- Know what best practice processes can be utilized to improve clinical and financial operations.
- Identify the keys to reimbursement collaboration instead of simply existing together.
- Discuss how "change management" should and can be used to drive permanent and sustainable improvement in compliant reimbursement that will withstand external audits through proof of revenue integrity.
To register – please e-mail your name, title, organization, and Yes/No if you are an HFMA Member to: email@example.com
An invitation with the Webinar access will be returned to your e-mail address. You may also find this information at: http://www.schfma.org/PDFS/2017_Region_V_Feb_Webinar.pdf